IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL CHILDREN, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS TO BE CONTINUALLY ASSESSING THE SAFETY OF THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT AND TO REPORT AND CONCERNS IMMEDIATELY.
The health and safety of learners, staff and other users of the school, will be the greatest importance to all. Everything will be done to promote good health, and to keep everyone safe, and to protect them from danger.
• To establish excellent and effective procedures for keeping children safe, healthy and active.
• To put into place safe procedures and contingency plans for the health and safety of learners.
• To ensure that staff are trained and carry out their health and safety responsibilities effectively.
• To ensure that there is a quick and effective response to any incident.
• To ensure that any probable sources of danger are identified and that appropriate action is taken.
• To ensure that appropriately trained members of staff provide first-aid in case of accident.
• To ensure that there are sufficient members of staff, trained as pediatric first aiders.
• To ensure that the school makes effective use of appropriate outside agencies to advise and support on health and safety matters.
• To use the curriculum and extra-curricular activities to promote children’s healthy growth and physical development.
• All staff will follow the established health and safety procedures.
• Risk assessments will be carried out by staff before activities and visits.
• Regular health and safety checks will be carried out by all staff, children, volunteers and visitors to monitor the school environment and equipment.
• Detailed records of accidents and incidents will be recorded and kept.
• All will promote healthy eating and drinking.
• Play, physical education, sport, games and extra-curricular education will promote children’s
physical growth and development. Children will be encouraged to be active and healthy.
• The curriculum, especially, science, physical education, and personal and social education, will be used to teach children about healthy eating and healthy lifestyles.
• You must check electrical equipment before you use it.
This school will do all it can to provide a safe environment in which children, staff and visitors can work, learn and play. Through the curriculum and other activities it will do all it can to facilitate the healthy growth and development of learners.